© 2011 Larry Glaze
"Handcrafted Furniture and Chandeliers made one piece at a time".
Artist: Larry Glaze 417-358-0753
VISIT THE GALLERY
Read about Larry
- Larry Glaze is an environ-mental artist whose love for the outdoors and wildlife is evident in each sculpture. Since 1997, Larry's com-missioned sculptures for the Missouri, Kansas, Colorado and Texas Chapters of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation have helped raise thousands of dollars.
- A native of Carthage, Missouri, Larry Glaze reflects his Cherokee heritage through his creations - "Antler Art of the Plains". By taking the basic elements of nature from his Missouri farm and forming them into beautiful pieces of art, Larry has created a style that is personal and unique. All the wood for his sculpture and lamp bases comes from Osage orange trees native to the region.
- The antlers he uses for his sculptures, chandeliers and lamps are all naturally shed. He uses moose antlers from Alaska, elk from the Rockies and whitetail deer from the forest on his farm and the surrounding Ozark Hills. Among Larry's offerings are original designs of Southwest art accessories for the home, ranch, hunting lodge or corporate workplace. Each piece is as beautiful as it is unique.
- Larry's work ranges from small, exquisite pieces to monumental sculptures, without losing the original integrity of the concept. These creations are displayed in several prominent corporations. He has also exhibited work at the Wonders of Wildlife, held at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Rendezvous II, and Bass Pro Outdoor World in Springfield, Missouri.
- Larry has a sculpture on permanent display at the National Fish and Wildlife Museum in Springfield, Missouri and the Five-Star Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art in Bolivar, Missouri. His work was also recently exhibited in the "Echoes of the Past" display at the Spiva Center for the Arts in Joplin, Missouri.
- His most notable work, however, is the American eagle base which has been commissioned by many celebrities, including the President of the United States, George W. Bush.
- Larry received the People Choice Award at the 10th annual Western Designed Conference Held in Cody Wyoming, September 18th - 21st 2002.
Larry was presented with this years Carthage Chamber of Commerce - Artist of the Year 2002 Award.
- Larry was honored at the Midwest Gathering of the Artist 2000 - an ongoing tradition for the past twenty-two years, where he was awarded the Helen S. Boyland Award. His work is permanently on display at the Flat Creek Ranch and Lodge Gallery in Purdy, Missouri and is available through Mossy Oak Home and Ranch, a store that offers the best in art and lodge furnishings for those who love the outdoors.
- He has also donated artwork for the last three years to the Children's Miracle Network. He has also been a generous contributor to the American Heart Association, Children's Center of Southwest Missouri's Valentine Gala event in 2001, and Catch-A-Dream.
- Antler Art of the PlainsTM
9313 County Drive 175
Carthage Missouri 64836